Here’s how you go into full screen mode on any Windows PC when you play as Rockstar Games’ infamous trio (PC Bug Fix). Whether you are a new player or a returning criminal from a previous game like GTA San Andreas, we all encounter some bugs while installing new games.
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to fix a bug that causes GTA V to default to windowed mode every time you launch it.
Table of Contents
How to Make GTA 5 Full Screen on Windows 11
Press some generic shortcuts to go to the PCs [F11] and press [ENTER] at the same time in the video game. This will force GTA V to enter the fullscreen mode or exit it. Try these shortcuts when you’re playing GTA V next time and see if they work for you. Fullscreen Keyboard Shortcut GTA 5 This is a quick and easy solution and most of the time, if you still can’t enjoy all the Los Santos on the full screen, try our next suggestions below.
USE GTA V’S IN-GAME GRAPHIC SETTINGS TO GO FULLSCREEN
You can enter full screen mode by adjusting your in-game settings. Start up the game and follow these steps:
- From the start menu, find your settings and select [Graphics].
- If you are already in Story or Online mode, simply hit pause to access your settings. This is usually the [Esc] key.
- Once in your graphics settings, choose [Fullscreen] or [Windowed (Borderless)] to make your game play in full screen.
- Select [Resolution] and choose 1920 x 1080 to play without blurriness.
For some users, the Borderless Window Mode offers better FPS performances at GTA, so if it works better for you, stick with it.
If the 1920 x 1080 does not work well for you in FullCreen mode, it may be different your optimal resolution. To test it, we will check your display settings.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR RECOMMENDED RESOLUTION SETTINGS
- Right click an empty space on your desktop and select [Display settings].
- Scroll down and find [Scale and layout].
- Make sure you are using the recommended settings for scale.
- Under that you will find [Display resolution], set it to your recommended settings. That will be the native resolution of your PC.
RUN GTA V IN COMPATIBILITY MODE
If you have tried the above two solutions, GTA V has not been able to properly go to fullscreen, we advise you to run GTA V in compatibility mode. To do this you must find the original program file of GTA V and edit the features.
- Find where you installed GTA V.
– C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V
– C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V
– C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\GTAV
- Right click GTA V’s game exe and select [Properties].
- Click on the [Compatibility] tab and check the box in Compatibility mode.
- Save your settings by clicking [OK].
- Launch GTA V and adjust to fullscreen with Solution 1 or 2.
You have it, there are several ways to play in your GTA V fullscreen. Now that your monitor exhibits GTA 5 in Puruscreen, you may want to test your FPS while playing GTA 5. If you can also feel a fullscreen bug in the tank world, read our simple methods to the Fullcreen World of the Tanks Guide here.